Ways To Fix A Wet Cell PhoneMobile Tips — By Naveen Vaidhya on February 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm
Save your phone from water
Its rainy season and you dropped your phone in puddle of water! Are worried now what will happen to the cell? What about its contacts? Photos and other files? All this seems to be like sky falling on you isn’t it? Well don’t worry about it much, just follow these moderately easy steps to save your phone from such unwanted calamities.
Just follow these Instructions:
Before you proceed, you will need the following things:
- Paper Napkins
- Rice or Desiccant
- Vacuum Hose
- Take out the phone from puddle instantly. Don’t just keep staring at the dropped phone, it always happens that when anyone drops something precious, he or she gets stunned at the moment. Don’t let this this happened to you as every second matters…
- When you take out the cell from the puddle don’t check whether your cell is working or not, just remove the battery immediately. Buy doing this your phone will sustain minimal damages.
- After removing the battery shake your cell well to remove the water. After that take the paper towels and press the phone on the paper towels and take out the excess water out of it. If there are accessories on your phone remove it safely as water might be stuck inside these accessories.
- After that take out your SIM card before the phone gets dries. This will help keep your important contacts messages and even save the trouble in getting a new SIM.
- Use the Desiccant packs to help save your phone. The Desiccant pack will help you absorb the unnoticed moisture. If you don’t have that, you can even use rice instead. But Desiccant gel packs can easily suck the moisture and these can be found in new purchased clothes, shoes and even electronics. When you this, keep your phone surrounded by it for at least 3 hours.
- Next take the vacuum hose and keep a distance of your phone and the hose up to 4 inch. This help clear off the big patches of water on your cell.
- Now turn your phone on. But do this after a day or two, as the water needs to be completely gone. If there is water there are chances that you phone might not start.
- If all of these don’t works, you have to either give your phone to repair or else get a new one.