Rooting of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXKP8 ICS Android 4.0.3 FirmwareMobile Tips — By Naveen Vaidhya on February 4, 2012 at 12:26 pm
The new root for your Samsung Galaxy S2 is finally here. This is the time you can actually test the capabilities of the Android monster. We hope that you know what ‘Rooting’ is and if you don’t know let me tell you that rooting means you can do whatever you want to do with your Android phone. It lets you go to those extreme possibilities that you cannot do by using the normal Android OS. When you root your S2 completely you can only install rooted app only like ROM backup, root explorer and ROM manager. You can overclock your CPU and change your ROM and do much more.
If you are interested in rooting your Samsung Galaxy S2 just follow these simple steps:
- When you start the process make sure you have at least 60% of battery remaining in the phone.
- You can always backup all of your phone date before proceeding, as there might be chances that your phone might lose all the data in the process.
- Now that you are ready with the first two points, you have to turn on the USB Debugging, for that go to the home screen and click on Menu icon, then go to Settings, then Application and then to Development. In Development option make sure the USB debugging is turned on, if it is switched off, switch it on.
Requirements for the rooting of Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 (of course)
- USB Data Cable
- On your computer download XXKP8 Android 4.0.3 Rooting Package
- After the download is complete you will get a Winzip or Winrar file, right click on it and extract the files in one specific folder.
- Upon extracting go into the folder and then double click on a file name called Odin3_v1.0. This the main file where you will doing all the rooting process.
- Now turn off the Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Now go to Recovery mode. You can go to recovery mode by pressing the OK button and Volume Down Key. By doing this press the Power Button.
- By doing this you will go into recovery mode, in that go to Wipe data/factory rest and tap of Wipe Cache partition.
- After clearing cache go back to the Reboot System and reboot your Android phone.
- After this again turn off the phone and press Volume Down Key and Home button at one time and then press the Power Button.
- Now connect the phone to the computer with the help of the USB Data Cable.
- When plug the phone with your computer, the Odin program will automatically find your device and will see new section that displays ID : COM. See if that is turned yellow. This means the drivers are successfully installed.
- Now click on the PDA tab and check out the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KP8-v5.2.tar file in the extracted files.
- Now, hit on the START button and you are on with the Rooting process will being.
- After completion of rooting the phone automatically restart. If it doesn’t restart, do it manually.
- The phone is rooted. Enjoy the rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.