HTC Evo 4G LTE Review And Full SpecificationsCell Phone Reviews — By Naveen Vaidhya on April 5, 2012 at 11:39 am
Sprint has finally got the taste of most of the best HTC devices that includes the HTC One X and now the HTC Evo 4G LTE, the successor of Evo 4G.
Lets take look at this new 4G Android Smartphone exclusively available by Sprint:
Design and Display:
The HTC Evo 4G LTE looks very familiar phone that this silver aluminum trim on the phones edges. Now we all know that this was styling was brought by iPhone 4 and the HTC has done the same to its EVO 4G LTE. Nevertheless the phones very slim at just 0.35 inch thickness and the aluminum trim and slimness altogether gives the phone a rich feel. Even the black colored anodized aluminum on the lower back of the phone gaps with both bright red stripe and the silver colored ring that circle on the edges. This anodized aluminum can be found exactly on the backside where you hold your phone to operate. Its surface is matte and even textured to avoid smudges. But the shiny plastic on the side of the phone where the microSD card slot is given is prone to greases and fingerprints.
The HTC Evo 4G LTE is very sleek and good looking phone.
HTC has done a wonderful thing by providing a red colored strip on the back at the trim that acts as a kickstand and let me tell you this kickstand is very handy most of the time when your phone is not in pocket.
The HTC Evo 4G LTE sports a big 4.7 inch screen like the One X but with Super LCD 2 that gives a resolution of 720p. It uses the Android’s latest OS Ice Cream Sandwich to augment massive screen and the OS’s interface.
There have been buzz that AT&T’s HTC One X won’t have a NVIDIA’s quad-core Tegra 3 chipset and that’s true! But the way HTC Evo 4G LTE acted on the dual-core chip, people shouldn’t be much bothered about the performance of One X too. Evo 4G LTE’s interface was just smooth and didn’t hang or crashed anywhere on Ice Cream Sandwich.
It’s the new HTC Sense 4.0 in Evo 4G LTE that nicer that the previous version of HTC Sense. There new tweaks, good weather widget and even the rest of the widgets have also been improved.
HTC EVO 4G LTE Specifications in details:
- Dual core processor with 1500 MHz clocking speed
- Snapdragon S4 Krait chipset
- 1GB RAM
- 4.7 inch Super LCD screen
- 720 x 1280 pixels resolution with 312ppi pixel density
- Internal storage memory 16GB
- Expandable memory up to 32 GB
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
- HTC Sense 4.0
- CDMA data 800, 1900 MHz
- 4G LTE EV-DO Rev.A
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / a
- USB 2.0 (microUSB)
- NFC capabilities
- 8MP camera with LED flash, aperture F2.0, 28mm focal length, auto focus, smile detection, face detection, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Geo tagging, Panorama, Self-timer, ISO control, Exposure control and White balance.
- Video recording @ 1080p with a resolution of 1920 x 1080
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Battery 2000 mAh
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Compass and Accelerometer
- Beats Audio
Launch, Availability and Price:
The HTC Evo 4G LTE has been launched on 4th April and is expected to hit the market for sale in Q2 of 2012 itself.
The Android phone will be sold under Sprint for $199.99.