How To Update HP Touch Pad With New ICS 4.0 AOKP firmwareHow To Cell Phones — By Naveen Vaidhya on July 4, 2012 at 10:29 am
Even though HP touch pad is on Web operating system that HP has entirely closed down the progress, the good part of this touch pad is its hardware as it can nicely house the Android operating system. Therefore, on the similar lines, we would be discussing regarding on how to install the ICS Android 4.0 custom ROM firmware with the support of AOKP launch. This is Build 40 update and it is one the consistent custom ROM firmware within all the custom ROM firmware. Please be well informed about that, this firmware is not an official firmware launched by or Google for HP Touch pad however it is a custom rom firmware made by 3rd party developers. Unluckily, there has not been numbers of developments or updates on this devices however we will soon be coming for HP Touch pad with numbers of more custom ROM firmwares.
In the procedure of implementing this process the device will be rooted. While reading this article, check out how you can simply upgrade the firmware to this one with the support of easy instructions
- First download Java Plugin in your computer and then after follow Palm Novacom driver through respective links.
- You have to install all the important files such as Acme installer 2, moboot_0.3.5.zip, Cyanogen Mod 9 file for HP touch pad in your PC.
- Then you have to place ACME installer in the similar directory as of Novacom as in path c:/Program Files/Palm,Inc director, only copy ACMEInstaller 2 in that directory.
- Your computer’s file explorer, you have to copy all below stated 4 files in your device. Please make note that you must not unzip your files, all the files must be in the similar format that are downloaded actually.
- Therefore, once you need copied all the files, you can expel the touchpad from your PC and eradicate the similar from your PC. Now all you have to do is to tap over home button and then click over arrow icon to choose the ‘Settings’ tab and after that select the device info.
- Hold and press the Volume Up button until you see USB icon and then link the device to computer and after minute start command prompt in your PC through typing ‘Win+R’ and ‘cmd’ and click enter.
- Type in CD/ & press enter. Now, enter dir that will display the list of directories and after that it will rank all the directories and then type “cd Palm,Inc, “cd program files to press enter again.
- Then you have to enter the following command without inverted comas “novacom.exe boot mem: // < ACMEInstaller2.
- After doing this, you will see USB icon that will appear and in case it’s not then you will have to reboot the computer.
- Once all things go correctly, you will get to see that HP Touchpad will boo in Moboot and from there you can simply select to boot in the Cyanogen mod through clicking on home button. Also, you can select to reboot to Web operating system through utilizing the Volume Up Down keys for directing Web OS.