How To Install Ubuntu On Android?How To Cell Phones — By Naveen Vaidhya on June 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm
The testing time has come of the new form of Ubuntu OS on your Android smartphone. When the World is shifting towards Open Source, the Apple likes will soon need to think regarding the big threat as every day huge number of Android activations are way higher than that of Apple. Therefore, using Android’s open sourceness, we will be checking how you can simply install Ubuntu on your Android with the support of easy instructions.
Note – We will not be liable for any kind of harm caused in the procedure of updating your Android phone with Ubuntu. There is a possibility that your device will be harmed in case you follow all the rules to the point that are stated in process. We have also not attempted porting this to all Android devices however can test the similar at your own risk.
Crate a backup of your present data in your mobile with the support of below mentioned steps and not with any of PC suite tools as PC Suits does not acknowledge your devices and you will have problems in stocking the data.
- SMS – Utilize “SMS Backup & Restore App”
- Contacts – Link with your Gmail application
- Call Log – Call log and restore
- Songs, Files, Videos, and APN – Copy to external or internal SD card
MMS and APN Settings – Check out the path – Applications>Settings>Wireless And Network>Mobile Networks> Access Point Names
Pre Necessities -
- Device has to be rooted and busy box must be installed
- Minimum of 1GHz processor (suggested)
- Android device must be on Custom ROM firmware and not on Stock firmware, 3.5GB free space for big image with SD card
- Android OS form must be Android Eclair 2.1 or high
- Active Data connection in your device
- ADB must be installed in your PC
- Ext2 file system support
Supposing that you have tracked all the above-indicated instructions, now you can move ahead to next page where we have summed up brief guide on how to implement Ubuntu OS in your Android device.