How To back Up SMSes On AndroidAndorid Apps, How To Cell Phones — By Naveen Vaidhya on March 17, 2012 at 8:55 am
Go SMS Pro – The ultimate app to backup your SMSes
SMS has become a thing of past ever since Internet became easily available and instant messengers like WhatsApp and BBM came. However, there still many people who uses SMS services and if you are one of them and want to backup all your SMS messages from inbox then go for the best SMS backing app: Go SMS Pro.
Developed by Go Dev Team, the Go SMS Pro is an easy to use app specially made for Android users. You can download the app for free if you are on Android 1.6 or higher. Here is the way to use the app and secure your SMS data.
- After downloading the app, open it and go on the ‘Services’ menu and then to ‘Settings’.
- Now tap on ‘SMS B&R’ icon that looks like an umbrella and you will be shown the SMS backup and recovery settings’.
- Tap on ‘Backup SMS’ and select the option to backup all the SMS or just the unread ones.
- Tap on OK to confirm and the backup file will be stored in the following directory: mnt/sdcard/GOSMS/backup/SMS/.
- After backing up the app will ask whether you want to email the backup file or keep it just in your directory.
Note: The backup file will be saved in .xml or .dat format that can be viewed from PC. The also app also allows you schedule the backup of your device as per to your wish.