Hot To Unlock AT&T iPhoneHow To Cell Phones — By Naveen Vaidhya on April 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm
Using an iPhone is the best for both, a normal phone user and a geeky phone user. But being one the best Smartphone has its own disadvantages, especially when you have a carrier locked iPhone.
To unlock the iPhone from carriers people wait for the contract to end or try some alternative like Unlocking them. But recently the Cupertino Company took an additional step to please their customers and gone ahead and done something.
Recently AT&T said that they will be offering to unlock the contracted iPhones on AT&T on Sunday and that that too free of charge. And it has come our knowledge that the same process can also be done without going to AT&T and just do it on iTunes sitting at your home while you sip coffee.
So, in order to make things easy we are providing you the step by step process of how to unlock your iPhone form carrier.
- Slide to unlock the iPhone and go to Settings > General and then About. From there write down the IMEI number or else remember it, if you can.
- Now login to AT&T’s website and give all the account details and then go to AT&T’s Wireless Support Chat.
- Now provide your IMEI to them.
- Within the time period of 72 hours you will receive an e-mail notification saying that your iPhone is unlocked.
- After that the rest will be guided through the email instructions that consist of syncing and restoring the process.
And then you are done! All in a hassle free way just sitting by your sofa munching on something.
However please note that some customers will be informed that they will take it little more time than the given three days as there is some issue and only a small amount of user will be affected with it. Readers should also note that AT&T have set a maximum limit of 5 unlocks every account in every year and will also be making sure that the phone meets all the criteria before meeting the unlock agreement.