First Look Of iOS 6 PreviewExclusive — By Naveen Vaidhya on June 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm
As we had expected, Apple used the keynote of its yearly WWDC event in San Francisco to declare the new form of their iOS mobile platform. The 6th prime build of OS targets to carry the user experience to the next level with no lower than two hundred services, features, and UI tweaks.
The number is surely huge, however then again so were the anticipations of millions of Apple users around the world. The truth is that iOS 6 will just go official in 3 month’s time stacks also more burden on the new launch of platform. By this point Android will might have Jelly Bean to chew over, when Windows Phone will have launched the multi-core affable Apollo.
The iOS 6 prime features contain a Siri upgrade, system-wide Facebook combining and brand new Maps with turn-by-turn voice direction. So much of less new goodies like achievements in Game Center, the Music app, and new App store, advanced Safari with complete screen mode, good mail etc.
The entire changelog is coming, however 1st we will get the problem of compatibility out of way. iOS 6 is congenial with the 3 new iPhone generations, iPad 3 and 2 and the 4th generation iPod Touch. The 1st iPad is not in the list, therefore in case you are remaining carrying on to the actual Apple slate, and you may finally wish to consider an upgrade.
Some other restrictions apply, also: the iPhone 4S has ultimately lost its Siri exclusivity, however its just going to share it with iPad 3. Flyover mode and turn-by-turn in maps can be utilized just on dual-core iDevices, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and iPad 3. Now let’s not waste more time, and get ready for testing. We installed the beta launch on an iPhone 4S, therefore all impressions of iOS are depend on its action. In case you have an older-gen Apple smart phone your mileage might differ.
What is iOS 6?
As we have already mentioned, Apple says there are higher than 200 new features in iOS. We are very much sure about the number, however not all of the moderations are really visible or also worth mentioning. Here is the detailed list of noteworthy updates carried by iOS 6:
- Siri now on iPad 3
- Now Siri speaks in Spanish, Canadian English, Italian, Italian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean
- Apple commits Siri integration with car handsfree systems.
- Siri can now offer sports scores, restarants reviews, movie reviews. It can release apps, and do status updates.
- Good Safari browser with full-screen mode, iCloud tabs, faster performance, and offline reading
- Unified FaceTime/iMessages ID.
- Updates Mail with flagges and VIP mailboxes.
- Bettery privacy settings.
- You can arrange songs by your music library as alarm tones.
- New UI for iBooks store, iTunes Store, App Store, Weather apps, and Music
- The Photo app can share other iOS users. Comments and likes are supported
- Passbook e-ticket app manages boarding passes, loyalty coupons, and tickets.